Spring 2020 Metals II Classes (Instructor: Daniel Valencia)
- Tuesdays 11am-2pm 3/24/20 thru 5/12/20 OR
- Tuesdays 6pm-9pm 3/24/20 thru 5/12/20 OR
- Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm 3/28/20 thru 5/16/20 OR
- Sundays 1pm-4pm 3/29/20 thru 5/17/20 OR
Summer 2020 Metals II Classes (Instructor: Daniel Valencia)
- Tuesdays 11am-2pm 6/2/20 thru 7/21/20 OR
- Tuesdays 6pm-9pm 6/2/20 thru 7/21/20 OR
- Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm 5/30/20 thru 7/25/20 OR
- Sundays 12:30-3:30pm 5/31/20 thru 7/26/20 OR
For the safety of our students and friends our Spring classes have been cancelled due to Covid-19.
Registration for summer classes and workshops remain open.
Prerequisite: Metal I or comparable experience. Metals II has different projects each semester. Students have creative freedom in the execution of these projects. Explore further the techniques introduced in Metal I. Forging, fusing, hollow forms, and advanced stone setting are the focus. All Metal II students learn to flush set faceted stones. Practice heavy bezel settings with hammer and punch. Fabricate hollow rings, Develop and create your own ideas. Metal II students are encouraged to attend open studio sessions each Sunday 9-1, free of charge.
$510/8 weeks plus $75 materials fee (includes sterling and semi precious stones) Total: $585.00
Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis.
– We can only hold your place upon payment in full.
– You can register by email, mail, or in person. Checks payable to Jewelryclassdc. Credit card or PayPal payments accepted via online registration.
Open Studio Added Hours!
Non-directed studio time is available 9am–1 pm every Sunday, and every Tuesday 2-6 pm during the regular 8 week session for Metal II, and Metal III students or students with equivalent experience. Students work on their own designs. Visiting metalsmiths will enjoy the use of a completely equipped studio featuring forming tools, bench shear, rolling mills, ultrasonic, steam cleaner, dual tank torches, microscopes, power gravers, laser, hydraulic press, and much more.
Space is limited, available on a first come first served basis. To reserve an Open Studio session, you must send a request to email@example.com in advance.
Current Metal II, and Metal III students may sign up for Open Studio free of charge.
Private Instruction is available. For fees and to discuss your design ideas, contact Daniel Valencia.
1502 Massachusetts Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20003