Fall 2019 Metals II Classes (Instructor: Daniel Valencia)
- Tuesdays 11am-2pm 9/3/19 thru 10/22/19 OR
- Tuesdays 6pm-9pm 9/3/19 thru 10/22/19 Class Full OR
- Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm 9/7/19 thru 10/26/19 Class Full OR
- Sundays 1pm-4pm 9/8/19 thru 10/27/19 Class Full OR
Winter 2019 Metals II Classes (Instructor: Daniel Valencia)
- Tuesdays 11am-2pm 11/5/19 thru 1/7/20 OR
- Tuesdays 6pm-9pm 11/5/19 thru 1/7/20 OR
- Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm 11/9/19 thru 1/11/20 OR
- Sundays 1pm-4pm 11/10/19 thru 1/12/20 Class Full OR
Late-Winter 2020 Metals II Classes (Instructor: Daniel Valencia)
- Tuesdays 11am-2pm 1/14/20 thru 3/3/20 OR
- Tuesdays 6pm-9pm 1/14/20 thru 3/3/20 OR
- Saturdays 9:30am-12:30pm 1/18/20 thru 3/7/20 OR
- Sundays 1pm-4pm 1/19/20 thru 3/8/20 OR
Winter session 11 weeks long due to Holiday closures. Prerequisite: Metal I or comparable experience. Metals II has different projects each semester. Students have creative freedom in the execution of these projects. Explore further the techniques introduced in Metal I. Forging, fusing, hollow forms, and advanced stone setting are the focus. All Metal II students learn to flush set faceted stones. Practice heavy bezel settings with hammer and punch. Fabricate hollow rings, Develop and create your own ideas. Metal II students are encouraged to attend open studio sessions each Sunday 9-1, free of charge.
Winter session 11 weeks long due to Holiday closures
Closed November 25-30
Closed December 22-January 1, 2020
$510/8 weeks plus $75 materials fee (includes sterling and semi precious stones) Total: $585.00
Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis.
– We can only hold your place upon payment in full.
– You can register by email, mail, or in person. Checks payable to Jewelryclassdc. Credit card or PayPal payments accepted via online registration.
Non-directed studio time is available 9am–1 pm every Sunday during the regular 8 week session for Metal II, and Metal III students or students with equivalent experience. Students work on their own designs. Visiting metalsmiths will enjoy the use of a completely equipped studio featuring forming tools, bench shear, rolling mills, ultrasonic, steam cleaner, dual tank torches, microscopes, power gravers, laser, pulse welder, hydraulic press, and much more.
Space is limited, available on a first come first served basis. To reserve an Open Studio session, you must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Current Metal II, and Metal III students may sign up for Open Studio free of charge.
Private Instruction is available. For fees and to discuss your design ideas, contact Daniel Valencia.
1502 Massachusetts Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20003